In a very short time, the Internet has become a primary channel for the delivery of government services, or "E-Government." Utah is one of the nation's leaders in providing over 750 online government services which has received numerous awards and recognitions for its cutting edge services.
Mark VanOrden, the Chief Information Officer for the State of Utah is responsible for vision, strategy, direction, guidelines, policies, planning, coordination, and oversight for information technology for all of the executive branch agencies of our State government. The CIO reports to the Governor, and is a member of the Governor's Senior Staff, Cabinet Council, and works with department and IT executives across the state. He also serves as the Executive Director of the newly-established Department of Technology Services.
New Extended hours
Beginning August 4, 2008 the State of Utah CIO's Office will begin extended hours with extended service. Our offices will be open Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Utah IT News
- Utah.gov recognized as the "Best Community Resource" in the state
- Utah CIO Recognized by Government Technology magazine as one of the Nation's top "Doers and Dreamers"
- Utah.gov Wins First Place in Best of the Web Competition
- State of Utah Receives Highest Marks by Governing for Information Management in "Grading the States '08"
- New Public Meeting Notice Website Available on April 1, 2008
- Department of Technology Services Shares New Product Catalog
- CIO's Weekly Newsletter